As well as teaching our Islamic values, Zaytouna Primary School promotes the British Values as set our in the National Curriculum (2014). Here is an overview of how we integrate the British Values into our curriculum.
- Election of School Parliament and Learning Council members.
- British Law process – visits to Law Courts and Galleries of Justice.
- Choice of topics.
- Everyone is listened to.
- Equality policy.
- Accessibility plans.
- SEND focus.
- Celebrating multi-faith festivals.
Rule of Law:
- Understanding of our school rules.
- School behaviour policy
- Links with local PCSOs
- Assemblies with citizenship focus.
- PDMU & Circle Time
- Anti-bullying weeks.
- Class sports.
- School vision and culture.
- Opportunities to make choices.
- Opportunities to express opinions.
- Debating Club with Derby University.