SEN & Disabilities
At Zaytouna Primary School, we are exceptionally proud of our pupils and value their abilities and achievements. We are confident that we provide a vibrant and stimulating learning environment that meets the needs of all our pupils. We want all our pupils to experience success in everything that they do, the school is fully committed to providing each pupil with the best possible learning environment for them to maximise their full potential.
The SEND Aims of the School
- To ensure that all pupils have access to a broad and balanced curriculum
- To provide a differentiated curriculum appropriate to the individual’s needs and ability
- To ensure the identification of all pupils requiring SEND provision as early as possible in their school career
- To ensure that SEND pupils take as full a part as possible in all school activities
- To create an environment where pupils can contribute to their own learning, where they feel safe and listened to
- To work towards inclusion in partnership with other agencies
- To achieve a level of staff expertise to meet pupil needs
- To value parental support and involvement and aim to ensure that parents are kept fully informed of their child’s progress and attainment
The aims of Zaytouna Primary School are guided by the Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice 0-25 and link with those values derived from the local Education Authority.