Zaytouna had its most recent Ofsted Inspection in July 2019, where the inspectors commented that:
They also highlighted that:
- The cooperation between the current headteacher, new leaders, the trust and local governors has secured a strong platform for improvement.
- Leaders have an accurate view of the quality of teaching and learning across the school.The trust and incoming headteacher have supported governors to successfully recruit a range of skilled staff and provide effective support to new teachers.
- Pupils have enjoyed increased access to visits and learning experiences, to bring their learning alive.
- Pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is well promoted across the curriculum. Leaders encourage pupils to think about their actions as responsible citizens and through their Islamic ethos.
This was an accurate reflection of our school at the time of inspection and I’m very happy that they recognised real strength in the new leadership team and real success in how we blend our Islamic ethos and British values. Over the last three months, my team and I have worked tirelessly to:
- Raise the profile of school and establish ourselves as a school to be proud of;
- Develop stronger links with the community, resulting in over 45 new children joining us in the last three months alone;
- Improve the school environment both inside and out to create an exciting, engaging and stimulating place of learning.
- Invest in first class facilities for all our children and our local community. Some of these changes are still in progress, but they promise to be worth the wait and we look forward to inviting you to share these facilities with us.
- Completely redesign our curriculum around the principles of nurturing our children’s mind, body and soul to ensure that they fall in love with learning and have pride in their faith;
- Implement a new whole school behavior policy that recognises and celebrates positive choices and contributions that each child makes;
- Enhance our enrichment even further so that our children access and benefit from experiences that extend beyond the classroom;
- And let’s not forget, our stunning new uniform that I will never tire of seeing them wear with such pride!
Like any school, we are on a journey to excellence and this is also reflected in the report. I was fully aware of where our school was before joining as your new Headteacher and was excited and honoured to be chosen to lead the school in our next chapter. This has not changed.